Basingstoke and Deane canoe Club (the Club) is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Details of our policy and contact details of our Welfare Officers are presented below.
The Club's policy is to comply with the current Canoe England child and vulnerable adults protection policy.
A copy (downloaded June 2010) can be accessed by clicking here.
To check the current status of the BCU/Canoe England please check their website by clicking here.
Enhanced CRB Checks
A current enhanced CRB Check shall be required for:
- All Directors of the Club.
- All BCU coaches deployed by the Club.
- Any trip leaders who may be responsible for children or vulnerable adults.
It is desirable that the following shall hold a current enhanced CRB Check:
- All Committee members
- Regular attendees at the swimming pool sessions
- Regular attendees on weekend away trips
- Other members if the Directors are advised by a Welfare Officer that a CRB check should be undertaken.
Current in relation to CRB shall be in accordance with guidance issued by Canoe England and not more than five years old.
If you have any concerns about the welfare of children or vulnerable adults on Club activities please contact one of the following:
- Janella Mansell - BADCC Welfare Officer - Tel: 07771 622 192
- Colin King - BADCC Welfare Officer - Tel: 07979 275 753
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline Tel: 0808 800 5000
- Childline Tel: 0800 1111