Board of Directors
Throughout this document and word imply the male or the female (eg he, she, his or her) shall be read to imply either gender
Basingstoke and Deane Canoe Club (the Club) shall be directed by a board of directors (the Directors) as set out in the Articles of Association. The board shall provide direction to the executive committee who will be responsible for the day to day running of the Club.
The board shall comprise three directors. Two directors shall be appointed by the directors to sit on the executive committee. With effect from the first annual general meeting, the third director need not be involved in the day to day running of the Club and shall act as a non-executive.
Responsibilities reserved to the Directors shall include:
- Maintaining an overview of the Articles of Association and ensuring that the Club abides by those rules;
- Maintaining a health, safety and welfare policy;
- Appointing of a Safety Officer;
- Maintaining risk assessments and other safety policy for Club activities;
- Maintaining policies to guide the Executive Committee;
- Maintaining strategic oversight of the Club’s activities.