Safety & First Aid
Introduction to Safety Training
In an assumed risk activity such as canoeing and kayaking safety, rescue and first aid training is important. The Club can provide this training at introductory and intermediate level including:
- BCU Foundation Safety and Rescue Training - click here
- BCU White Water Safety and Rescue Training - click here
- BCU Level 1 Aquatic First Aid - click here
- BCU Level 2 Aquatic First Aid - click here
- BCU Lifeguards Pool Endorsement - click here
- Rescue and first aid workshop - click here
- Sea kayak rescue training - click here
BCU Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
The Club aims to run at least one FSRT each year: the next one will be in March/April 2017
Suited to those of 2 or 3 Star standard who want to develop their foundation rescue skills.
British Canoeing White Water Safety and Rescue
The next WWSR course will run on 2nd - 4th November 2018 on the River Barle at Dulverton (subject to sufficient demand). The Club typically runs this course once each year.
Suited to paddlers who are confident on grade 2 water and are comfortable with swimming in moving water, this course will develop personal survival skills and an understanding of rescue procedures in a river environment.
BCU Lifeguards Pool Endorsement
This award provides the additional skills and knowledge necessary for providing safety cover and rescue skills during a canoeing session in a swimming pool. We ran our last more training and an assessment in January 2016 in the swimming pool at QMC.
For a copy of the syllabus - click here