This award provides the additional skills and knowledge necessary for providing safety cover and rescue skills during a canoeing session in a swimming pool. We ran our last more training and an assessment in January 2016 in the swimming pool at QMC.
For a copy of the syllabus - click here
The course will include:
- Pool operating procedure
- Safety procedures
- First aid refresher
- Safe entry and exit
- Towing casualties
- Recovering casualties from the pool
- Recovering unconscious casualties from the bottom of the pool
- Hold the BCU Canoeing Safety Test or Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
- Hold a first aid certificate, minimum 8 hours contact time
- Be able to swim 50 metres
- Be at least 16 years of age
Cost: training and registration fees (estimated to be about £30 per person in total) will be paid by the Club providing you commit to assisting with lifeguarding duties at the QMC pool sessions.
Dates: The next training and assessment sessions will start in January 2016.
Venue: QMC Pool
For more information or to reserve a place contact Janella Mansell on 01256 780334