Learn to kayak on the tranquillity of the Basingstoke Canal, at Odiham. The courses are run by our friendly and enthusiastic British Canoeing qualified coaches and are suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
You will learn the basics of kayaking and try out different craft. Skills include:
- Efficient forward and reverse paddling and stopping
- Turning, ruddering and moving sideways
- Preventing capsize
- Safe capsize
- Carrying kayaks safety
All equipment is included
Cost: £50 per person
Times and Venues
- Course 1: Wednesday Evenings - 12th June to 17th July, from 6:45pm to 8:30pm
- Course 2: Saturday Mornings - 22nd June, 29th June and 6th July, from 9am to 1pm each day
- Course 3: Saturday Mornings - 27th July, 3rd August and 10th August, from 9am to 1pm each day
Full Canoe Club membership is not a requirement to do enrol on these courses. Non members will be asked to become temporary members but the cost of temporary membership will be deducted from the cost of full membership for anyone who then joins the Club.