ClubMark is a cross-sport quality accreditation for clubs with junior sections.
According to research conducted by the Northwest Regional Development Agency in 2004, three fifths (60.5%) of young people belong to a sports club outside school. It is vital that these clubs serve young people well. Sports clubs that work with children and young people need and deserve support to improve the quality of work they do so that we can:
- Ensure the well-being of young people whilst in the care of adults, other than their legal parent(s)/carer(s).
- Enthuse young people to enjoy sport and active recreation to build a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Enable young people to use their leisure time creatively.
- Allow young people to optimise their talents and personal ability.
- Identify and support the development of the most talented young people.