Friday Evening Children's Paddle - Colt Hill
Friday Evenings - May to Early September
The last session for 2018 is 14th September
During the spring and summer the Club runs a fun session for younger paddlers on the Basingstoke Canal each Friday evening from 6.00 to 7.30pm each week.
March to September (3rd Saturday of Each Month)
There will be taster sessions run from Colt Hill Clubhouse on the Basingstoke Canal in Odiham on the third Saturday of the month through the summer.
Paddling Safely on the Canal
During the summer when we are paddling on canals and rivers and have a couple of months away from the confines of the pool, it is important that we pay particular attention of the abilities and requirements of the whole group. Here are a few ground rules:
Access to Local Rivers and Canals
A brief reminder that a licence is required for most local rivers and canals:
Protect the Environment
Be sure to:
- Leave the environment as you find it.
- Take your litter home with you.
- Keep noise to a minimum.
- Do not damage bankside vegetation when launching or landing.
- Where possible keep to any designated paths or launching points.
- Canoe a safe distance away from wildlife