The Club has had a small but active group of sea kayakers since around 2000 and we have easy access to many miles of interesting coastline.
The Club runs a variety of sea kayaking trips:
- On Thursday evenings through the summer we paddle on Southampton Water or the Solent.
- Day trips are arranged to the Isle of Wight, Poole, Swanage and the Purbeck coast.
- We have paddled on the Anglesey and the Pembrokeshire coasts.
- On alternate years we visit the west coats of Scotland a week long camping trip.
- During the winter we meet on a Thursday evening once a month to plan trips etc.
For the current weather at the Bramble Bank (where Southampton Water meets the Solent) click here. Typically force 4 (16 knots) is a reasonable limit for comfortable paddling.
Sea kayaking trips are intended for long (4 metres +) kayaks and not for modern river or play boats. However the Club does have a selection of sea kayaks that can be borrowed. To borrow a boat click here.
Please note that on Tuesday evenings as an early departure from Basingstoke is needed to reach the coast by 7pm so you will need to arrange transport if you hire a club kayak.